Pauline Palmer was born in McHenry, Illinois, in 1867 and died in 1938. Palmer studied at the Art Institute of Chicago with William Merritt Chase, R. E. Miller, and C. W. Hawthorne. She studied in Paris with Collin, Prinet, Courtois, and Simon. Palmer was a member and the President of the Chicago Society of Artists in 1919. Upon the death of her husband, in 1921, Palmer moved to Provincetown, where she set up a studio with Charles H. Hawthorne.
Exhibitions: Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts St. Louis Exposition, 1904 Art Institute of Chicago Chicago Art Guild Corcoran Gallery biennials, 1916 & 1926 Chicago Society of Artist, 1920 (medal)